Cabinetry Millwork CAD Designer
The Cabinetry Millwork CAD Designer is responsible for assisting in the development of new opportunities, sourcing/pricing of material spec’s and creating manufacturing drawings and shop submittal drawings for the Commercial Case Good portion of construction projects. This position works closely with the sales team, project managers, and shop floor personnel to ensure all specifications are being properly captured and represented on engineering documentation.
- De-scope projects with sales team and customer as necessary
- Assist Project Manager with quantity take-offs for change management on awarded projects.
- Create Shop Drawings for customer sign-off and approvals
- Utilize Cabinet Vision Software to create internal manufacturing drawings
- Assist project managers with material and labor requirements
- Take an active role in CI (continuous improvement) program and assist in the development of the Case Goods Department
- Ability to navigate and read architectural construction documents and specifications
- Past experience in the millwork/cabinetry industry
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers, management, and contributors
- Must be able to self-prioritize and work with minimal direction
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Cabinet Vision and Auto CAD Software a plus
- Experience with ERP application, manufacturing environments and ability to field measure a plus
- Candidate with positive, high energy, “can do” attitude will be successful in this role.
- design of building systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- electrical utility (t&d): 1 year (Preferred)
- full time: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- cad: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with a strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
Bench Dogs offers a competitive compensation structure and comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Bench Dogs is an EOE.