SUMMARY: Candidate will be responsible for assisting the Engineering Department with all activities required for a given project. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to pricing, engineering drawings, and Bill of Material (BOM) readiness, material sourcing, prototyping, SolidWorks 3-D modeling, Cabinet Vision CAD modeling and layouts, final production BOM, routings & drawings, and other engineering-related activities.
- Develop and create all components for a given project in Solidworks 3D software
- Ability to learn and become proficient in cabinetry specific engineering software
- Build estimates for new projects using established estimating tools
- Seek out new sources, materials, and vendors on new projects
- Create manufacturing and shop drawings from SolidWorks 3D models.
- Create machining, manufacturing and shop drawings from Cabinet Vision Software.
- Work with the Production Department to ensure updates/Engineering Change Orders to engineering drawings, BOMs and routers are performed.
- Assist in the assembly and review quality of prototypes and first articles.
- Quality control checking of parts against engineering drawings
- Assist in the development of new projects and display programs
- Assist Project Manager with quantity take-offs for change management on awarded projects
- Assist Project Manager with building and maintaining Operations Estimation Tool(s)
- 2+ years SolidWorks CAD experience is required
- AutoCAD experience is preferred
- Cabinet Vision Software experience is a plus
- Ability to navigate and read blueprints, floorplans and architectural documents
- Ability to navigate and read engineering documents for manufacturing
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers, management, and contributors
- Must be able to self-prioritize and work with minimal direction at times
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Possess a solid knowledge of wood, metal, and plastic fabrication methods and techniques
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Willingness to learn and utilize new software a plus
- Must possess positive, high energy, “can do” attitude
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with some background noise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
Depends on schedule and availability. Typical office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Occasional local travel may be required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Working toward an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or related field.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and substance abuse screen. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BENCH DOGS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.