Case Goods Estimator
Bench Dogs is looking for a full-time Case Goods Estimator to join our dynamic team. Reporting to the Case Goods Engineering Manager, the estimator is responsible for performing take-offs of architectural drawings and developing cost estimates for projects for construction as required by clients’ documents.
• Download project drawings & specifications into job folders
• Review project scope and determine if the project is a fit to pursue the proposal. Review with Sales as necessary and respond to the invitation with intent to bid
• Perform digital takeoff using On-screen Takeoff software for case goods, millwork, trim, solid surface, and installation
• Submit RFIs to the customer as needed to clarify scope; solicit bids from vendor network as needed
• Utilize pricing tools to estimate jobs in Microsoft Excel or other estimation software
• Type up and submit proposals to sales for review and submission to customer
• Respond to questions/follow up on proposal submissions
• De-scope projects with the customer as requested
• Review workload of future quoted projects to identify potential capacity constraints
• Work with engineering to develop capacity projections for unique items that are not part of standard product mix
• Review and update bids as revisions are released before and after-sale
• Assist Project Manager with quantity take-offs for change management on awarded projects
• Track win/loss ratios on opportunities by defined metrics (customer/channel/location)
• Load estimates in ERP system and verify for accuracy
• Assist Project Manager with building and Project Management Tracking Spreadsheets
Qualifications & Experience
• Ability to navigate and read architectural construction documents and specifications
• Experience with On-Screen Takeoff or other estimation software preferred
• History of estimating commercial projects
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers, management, and contributors
• Must be able to work with minimal direction
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• AutoCAD experience a plus
• ERP application experience a plus
• Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
• Ability to field measure a plus
Bench Dogs offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.
BENCH DOGS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Have what it takes?
Get in touch about this position.