Case Goods Engineer
The Case Goods Engineer is responsible for assisting in the development of new opportunities, sourcing/pricing of material spec’s and creating manufacturing drawings and shop submittal drawings for the Commercial Case Good portion of construction projects. This position works closely with the sales team, project managers, and shop floor personnel to ensure all specifications are being properly captured and represented on engineering documentation.
- Solicit bids from vendor network for various material specs as needed
- Utilize pricing tools to estimate jobs in Microsoft Excel or other estimation software
- De-scope projects with sales team and customer as necessary
- Assist Project Manager with quantity take-offs for change management on awarded projects
- Assist Project Manager with building and maintaining Operations Estimation Tool(s)
- Create Shop Drawings for customer sign-off and approvals
- Utilize Cabinet Vision Software to create internal manufacturing drawings
- Assist project managers with material and labor requirements to build jobs in ERP software
- Take an active role in CI (continuous improvement) program and assist in the development of the Case Goods Department
- Ability to navigate and read architectural construction documents and specifications
- Past experience in the millwork/cabinetry industry
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers, management and fellow contributors
- Must be able to self-prioritize and work with minimal direction
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time in a fastpaced,deadline-driven environment
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Cabinet Vision Software preferred
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- ERP application experience a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Ability to field measure a plus
- Candidate with positive, high energy, “can do” attitude will be successful in this role.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with some background noise. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional local travel may be required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or related field. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a commercial drafting or engineering role will be considered in lieu of degree.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or related field.
BENCH DOGS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.